The BabyTree Projects walkathon in October 30, 2011 was our biggest fundraiser ever – with a grand total over $16,300!!!! It attracted dozens of walkers across Australia, Japan and the US.
A special thanks goes to Dennis Adonis, one of our Sambour village volunteers who managed much of the event, along with Koky.
A big thankyou also to Carlton Football Club, a long time supporter of BabyTree Projects, for the use of their function room and BBQ facilities.
Here are a few snapshots of the day!
Welcome to BabyTree’s Walkathon webpage!!!
Easy to find. Easy to join. Easy to help change the world.
Our walkathon’s are famous for being fun, amazing and quirky. It’s exactly who we are and its our biggest fundraising event. Mostly, though, it gives people (adults and children) the opportunity to get involved with a truly inspirational grassroots organisation that delivers on their word and more. So we would love to invite you to join us. This is how it works:
1) You say ‘YES’ to a better world, its only $20 to register and includes a BBQ lunch and entertainment on the day.
2) A unique fundraising page just for you will be automatically created. This allows you to email all your friends, who will (for sure!) sponsor you and make donations towards your tally online.
3) You may download a sponsorship form here and get sponsors the old fashioned way, please collect money and keep safe 😉 Download form here: SPONSORSHIP FORM
4) We are hoping each walker can raise $150 dollars (you will receive a free babytree tshirt if you do;). This is not a lot at all, in fact lots of past walker’s have raised thousands of dollars on their own.
5) On Oct 30th you make your way to princess park in Nth Carlton Melbourne and walk 10km or 3.2km (1 lap) if you’re a child, with some pretty amazing people. You give your fundraised total at the registration table (unless you have already done so via EFT or direct bank deposit).
6) At the finish line you enjoy a BBQ lunch and some entertainment. Breakdancing, jazz/folk music, prizes and did we mention, you just changed the world?
7) We tell you how much we raised and we report early next year that we have built a school for the most inspirational kids. We hope you stay with us as friends and supporters as what we do now will be nothing compared to what we will do in the future 😉
Are you excited? We are, and here are the details:
Where: Registration point is the Carlton Football Club in Princess Park entry via Royal Parade, Carlton North 3054. The course will be around Princess Park.
When: Sunday 30 October 10.30am – 3.30pm
Cost: $20 to register includes BBQ lunch and entertainment.
1) How much are family tickets?
Because we encourage kids participation a family of four may register as one for $20 (you must register via this email: email@example.com).
2) How do I make donations before the day?
BSB 033077 Account No. 240337
Include your name in the description of transfer. Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to notify of your deposit, if more description is necessary or you deposited cash at a branch.
Credit cards, pay pal account. Via this button:
Please bring your collected amounts and make donations at the registration table on the day.
3) Can I run?
Yes! please email us to let us know, runners will start 1 hour after the main group.
4) Can I dress up in costume?
Yes! go for it and make sure we photograph you, there’s a PRIZE for the best dressed on the day 😉
5) Can I do a walk in another location (Like Woopwoop, Seville or Japan)?
Yes! We value creativity and honesty…please email us to let us know and we will go from there.
6) Can I walk 3.2km (1 lap)?
Yes! If you are not physically not capable for any reason we still want you…please let us know so we don’t force you to keep walking.
7) When should I arrive?
Aim to get there by 9.30 for registration. But you may come later and start later if needed.
8) Where do go when I arrive?
Registration point will be inside the Carlton football club. Please make your way to the Registration table inside. All volunteers working on the day will be clearly identifiable and will be happy to assist you.
9) Will you have vegetarian options for lunch?
Yes, there will be but can’t guarantee vegan or gluten free options.
10) Can I organise a fundraising event to raise money for my walk?
Yes! Chocolate drives, casual days, dinners, shave your head all welcome…please email us for support.
Any more Questions email us at: email@example.com
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.