Welcome to BabyTree Projects’ Sophia Saly Walkathon 2013 webpage…
Everything you need to participate in this event is on this page.
This walkathon is dedicated to the life and memory of Sophia Saly.
Sophia Saly was a founding member of BabyTree Projects Australia and was an important part of BabyTree’s vision, achievements and successes. We wish to memorialise the unique spirit in which Sophia lived her life, in this project. Even though, she has left this world for the next, her spirit and legacy remains strongly with us.
100% of funds raised from this walkathon goes towards the building of the Sophia Saly School on a beach (Kep Province, Cambodia). This will include the construction of a three classroom building, toilets, a water well and on-going support for teacher training, scholarships and an enriched curriculum.
We hope you join us in this special walk that is a celebration of a life fully lived and continues with our crucial work of fighting for children’s right to access quality education. Something Sophia was extremely passionate about.
Remember raising $100 or more means you will receive a cool BabyTree t-shirt (subject to availability).
So how do you join us in this event, well first you:
2) A unique fundraising page just for you will be automatically created. This allows you to email all your friends, who will (for sure!) sponsor you and make donations towards your tally online.
4) We are hoping each walker can raise $100 dollars (you will receive a free babytree tshirt if you do;). This is not a lot at all, in fact lots of past walker’s have raised thousands of dollars on their own.
5) On Nov 24thth you make your way to princess park in Nth Carlton Melbourne and walk 10km or 3.2km (1 lap) if you’re a child, with some pretty amazing people. You give your fundraised total at the registration table (unless you have already done so via EFT or direct bank deposit).
6) At the finish line you enjoy a BBQ lunch and some entertainment in celebration of Sophia’s contribution to BabyTree Projects.
7) We tell you how much we raised and we report early next year on the progress of our schools. We hope you stay with us as friends and supporters as what we do now will be nothing compared to what we will do in the future 😉
Are you excited? We are, and here are the details:
Where: Registration point is the Carlton Football Club in Princess Park entry via Royal Parade, Carlton North 3054. The course will be around Princess Park.
When: Sunday 24th November 10.30am – 3.30pm
Cost: $20 to register includes BBQ lunch and entertainment. Family $30 (2 x adults, kids free)
Here are a few snapshots of last year’s walk.
1) How much are family tickets?
Because we encourage kids participation a family of four may register as one for $20 (you must register via this email: firstname.lastname@example.org).
2) How do I make donations before the day?
BSB 033077 Account No. 240337
Include your name in the description of transfer. Please send an email to email@example.com to notify of your deposit, if more description is necessary or you deposited cash at a branch.
Credit cards, pay pal account. Via this button:
Please bring your collected amounts and make donations at the registration table on the day.
3) Can I run?
Yes! please email us to let us know, runners will start 1 hour after the main group.
4) Can I dress up in costume?
Yes! go for it and make sure we photograph you, there’s a PRIZE for the best dressed on the day 😉
5) Can I do a walk in another location (Like Woopwoop, Seville or Japan)?
Yes! We value creativity and honesty…please email us to let us know and we will go from there.
6) Can I walk 3.2km (1 lap)?
Yes! If you are not physically not capable for any reason we still want you…please let us know so we don’t force you to keep walking.
7) When should I arrive?
Aim to get there by 9.30 for registration. But you may come later and start later if needed.
8) Where do go when I arrive?
Registration point will be inside the Carlton football club. Please make your way to the Registration table inside. All volunteers working on the day will be clearly identifiable and will be happy to assist you.
9) Will you have vegetarian options for lunch?
Yes, there will be but can’t guarantee vegan or gluten free options.
10) Can I organise a fundraising event to raise money for my walk?
Yes! Chocolate drives, casual days, dinners, shave your head all welcome…please email us for support.
11) What are the Terms and Conditions of Entry?
You may download the event Ts & Cs here: Terms and Conditions of Entry – BabyTree Projects’ SOPHIA SALY Walkathon 2012
Any more Questions email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org